Tuesday, September 26

1

The P-Square fight video is not recent, lawyer says

by Staff writer



Speaking on the recent fight video of the Nigerian RnB duo P-Square, Senior Advocate of Nigeria and private lawyer of the P-Square brothers Festus Keyamo has confirmed the video is old.


"Whatever was said by all of them that were provocative were done in the heat of passion, emotion and anger. In fact, the incident in the video circulating online happened sometime around May, 2016," Keyamo writes.

Read the full press statement below:

PRESS STATEMENT BY FESTUS KEYAMO, SAN, ON THE PUBLIC FEUD BY THE PSQUARE BROTHERS

Our attention has been drawn to the on-going feud between the P Square brothers in online, print and electronic media. We have also been inundated with calls from the media to authenticate the correspondence Peter Okoye sent to our office, indicating his intention to terminate the contract between the brothers for various reasons and the online video showing a purported scuffle between the brothers in our Chambers.

Firstly, while it is obvious that none of these materials were released from our Chambers, we are thoroughly saddened and embarrassed by these developments. As their close friends and lawyers over many years, we have done our very best to manage their differences over time and very prominent personalities have been invited in the past to intervene.

We are well aware that we have a duty to keep the details of their disagreements confidential, so we shall say nothing here on the issues at stake. But since the disagreement is now in the public domain, and our name has been dragged into the fray, we wish to appeal to members of the public to refrain from jumping into uninformed conclusions about this feud.

None of these talented brothers are at fault. None of them is also wholly justified and correct in their individual positions. We also wish to state categorically that, contrary to widely held opinions, none of their wives are at fault. In fact, the wives have kept their respectable and dignified distances from all the issues involved. THEY HAVE NEVER INTERFERED in any way.

We also want to state that whilst all the three brothers may have genuine grievances, nobody’s life is at risk. All the various incidents that happened in our Chambers (some as late at 12 midnight and 2 am and one of which was captured in the online video) arose out of various meetings that were genuine attempts at resolving their differences. Whatever was said by all of them that were provocative were done in the heat of passion, emotion, and anger. In fact, the incident in the video circulating online happened sometime around May 2016. After all those arguments, we all still sat down and signed agreements and we were all happy.

So, we appeal to everyone to please grant the Okoye family the privacy, prayers, and support that they need at these trying times. I have also appealed to all of them not to grant further interviews at this point so as not to escalate the issues further. Whatever is going on is the usual siblings’ rivalry experienced in most families. It is nothing unusual.

We are of the strong opinion that the brothers would eventually put away their differences and come back stronger.

Thank you.

Yours most trusted,

FESTUS KEYAMO, SAN, FCIArb (UK)

Head of Chambers.


***

In the video which has gone viral since it surfaced online, the Okoye brothers were caught in a noisy brawl as third parties tried to separate them.

Before the suspected renewed scuffle, the singing duo were involved in a messy feud last year, prior to the release of their song "Bank Alert".

Again, many are already speculating the renewed fight might just be a stunt.

Nigerian celebrities are known for utilizing several types of gimmicks to draw attention. 

1 comment:

  1. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I have found something that helped me. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to always express your opinion, but do not abuse others.